Friday, January 15, 2021

WIP / the Current Case

Ahh... the depths of winter. Painting season. Bike parts are taking forever to arrive, and my build is starting to be a dick anyways.
 
The current case. Nothing earth shattering, you may have previously seen pictures of all these.

Working on a Privateer Press Dire Troll Mauler Extreme. I bought this almost 15 years ago, immediately when it came out. I was afraid it would be limited edition. You can still buy 'em, so they must have made a million by now! Beautiful sculpt. It is heavy as hell, all pewter, and I'm glad I assembled it back then. I can't remember, but that must have been a lot of work!

 

Skin was primarily done with the 3 colors on the left. The turquoise and magenta are mixed in with the base colors or used as a wash for some accent colors. They also mix together to form a rich purple to wash over the Vallejo Model Color Violet used for the base coat of the crystals, with magenta and ivory mixed up for highlights. The sculpt features a lot of texture already, and I have been trying to work in a lot more with fancy paintwork. Trying to up my striated muscle game, and trying to throw in some "party dots," as my boy T-dogg would say. It's gonna be a banger!
 


Listen to Bolt Thrower. Paint Warhams.


No comments:

Post a Comment