Thursday, November 12, 2020

You watch a vile force as they emerge from the depths...



December 2019 I Finished King Coprophal, Master of the Sludge Pits of Azgor. And lo, may we rejoice in the filth brought forth. 

While originally the tentacles were supposed to be reminiscent of roots, I think tacky aquariums and real live coral are manifesting as a big influence on this. I imagine the background stones as the exoskeletal calcium part of the coral, with the tentacles reaching out like the filter or stinging arms. I would like to sculpt one or two tiny nudibranch style creatures to add life and visual interest down below.


Also eyeballs and Cthulhu and feasting on festering faeces in the asylum of the deep dark abyss. Some assholes wrote a song about that shit one time.



 I'm real proud of his crab claw. 100% me, and definitely the coolest thing I've sculpted myself.

The base is a really nice burl plinth. Maple maybe? I bought it at an MFCA convention years ago and it's been lurking in my stash. Handmade in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. It will be beautiful after the base is finished, painted, clear coated, and the masking is finally peeled off.

I need to figure out an idea for a little more elevation for the miniature. I've been working on carving bricks and other concrete shapes from slabs of cast plaster, and I am planning to move toward more complex carved plaster detail in future projects.. Also, a second depth dweller may appear at some point if I can work things together.

 


 ACXDC - The Oracles of Death

Second song on this one will rip your tits off. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment