Sunday, May 3, 2020

RT-era Leman Russ WIPs

I've been trying to keep myself motivated in paint world by finishing up something that's been on my table for a while. It is good  justification to paint or work on something new afterward. Also, I crashed hard and I forsee at least another week of no-go-hard. What do they say? Ride like lightning. Crash like thunder. Well, I did it again, man, and it makes me feel like I'm getting old.

This time back on the bench is a pretty rare Leman Russ mini. I picked up duder years ago, NOS in package with his wolves and backpack. Way stoked to dig into a piece of mint classic lead to make it unique. The axe is a conversion from an old reaper weapons pack, with a plastic wolf tail stuck on. Cork rocks, and a piece of plaster carved to look like a rune stone.



Russ came with a special wolf backpack with a cape, a pelt, and a banner pole. Hat trick. I bet it is probably the valuable piece of the mini in lead-head land. I love me some heraldry and intense nerd flags, so enjoy some doodles from my sketch book.

A pretty solid idea of where I'd like go with the Russ banner. I must have been deep in a Despise You kick at this point. Just kidding. I'm always on a DxYx kick. 

I am going to try to bring in some of that first Chapter Approved style with his banner. Some reference pictures from a copy of that very tome. Pretty cool, huh?


Until next time, keep the rubber side down and do as I say, not as I do. That's pretty solid advice right there given my current condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment